DL/2015-2016 Maryland Legal Update
As a real estate professional, the state of the industry directly affects the state of your income. Staying up to date on all the local laws that affect you, directly and indirectly, impacts your career. Knowing how to discuss new legislation, speaking plainly with hesitant consumers, and really grasping how local laws affect the industry as a whole can change how you think, act, and speak about real estate.
This course covers new legislation in Maryland relating to the real estate industry with various law additions and amendments, along with tweaks to fine-tune existing laws.
Maryland Legal Update is designed to bring real estate professionals up to speed regarding the legislative environment of Maryland real estate.
Course highlights include:
- Summary of state legislation enacted in 2015 and 2016 that affect the real estate industry
- Plain-language explanations of how legislative updates apply to you
- Property taxes, agricultural land transfer taxes, income tax credits, and other taxes
- Rules for actions to quiet title, sales contract notices, student and residential loans
- Changes to disclosure and consent requirements for agency relationships
- Condominium and HOA disclosures, new fund and new task force, lease content requirements
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context